Terms and Conditions (Very important!)
Please get in touch with us if you would like to discuss these terms and conditions.
The ‘Purchaser’ is the school/ nursery member or school/ nursery representative liaising with Honeycomb Books and ordering the books or eBooks and implies members of the school/ nursery in agreement of the purchase. The T&Cs apply to those reading the website and those purchasing the product.
1. Child Protection Honeycomb Books LTD will not take responsibility for any unauthorized or risky information or images supplied for printing.
The purchaser must have the consent of the school/ nursery to print or publish images.
The purchaser must arrange for the consent of guardians if any images are submitted including children or teenagers.
The purchaser must ensure the wellbeing of children at their school/ nursery and not submit images that could put any child at risk.
2. Product Liability Disclaimer Honeycomb Books are created for good. If a parent, child or school/ nursery has a negative experience of the preparation period before school/ nursery or of the books themselves this is not the responsibility of Honeycomb Books.
3. Copyright No material (including website copy) may be recreated, amended or edited for any use (including marketing). Breach of copyright includes (but not exclusively) use on school/ nursery resources, websites or in school/ nursery literature. Copyright extends internationally.
4. No Profit Re-sale The purchasing school/ nursery or individual may request reimbursement from the Local Education Authority or parents of recipients but may not make a profit on sale or resale of Honeycomb Books and associated materials. Offenders risk prosecution.
5. Prices Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
6. Payment Orders may not be completed without full payment.
7. Intellectual Property The purchasing school/ nursery or individual may not use any Honeycomb Book as the basis for similar in-house creations.
8. Delivery The purchasing school/ nursery or individual should notify Honeycomb Books of any issues with Delivery within 7 working days of expected arrival. We endeavour to give Purchasers an estimated delivery window which is also dependent on third party printer suppliers. If printing is delayed due to circumstances outside of the remit of Honeycomb Books, the company will endeavour to rectify or offer appropriate compensation.
9. Refunds Goods are not fit for resale due to customization. If Honeycomb Books have made an error in our delivery or execution of the project immediate rectification and (in some circumstances) a full or partial refund will be offered. If the customer has supplied faulty information but approved the book at pdf stage Honeycomb Books will endeavour to give a goodwill voucher for further purchases. The approval stage in the production process should give clients ample opportunity to verify the books before print.
Each book will vary slightly in the placement of photos to accommodate various shapes and sizes of elements for customization sent in. This does not constitue grounds for a refund.
10. No Change Purchase Unfortunately no changes can be made to the books once they are in print production. It is not possible to cater to requests to edit a product once the product has been approved and sent to print.
11. Standard Operating Procedures The purchasing school/ nursery or individual will see a preview of their product in one approval round, usually in pdf form. In sending the information to customize the template the Purchaser is committing to payment. Standard operating procedures are outlined on the website. Should the client cancel the order post design but prior to Purchaser approval stages the cancellation fee will be 65% of the original cost.
12. Liability Disclaimer Our products do not constitute advice for individual families. They are not a substitute for professional counsellors or consistent parenting. To the extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage (direct, indirect or consequential) arising out of or in connection with any use of, or inability to use, all or any of our products.
13. Data Protection Honeycomb Books complies with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR - May 2018). Our standard is to ensure privacy, security, respect and transparency regarding all client data.
Products are printed by reputable third party printing companies.
Our information hosting and handling is by reputable providers with data protection at industry standards.
In rare circumstances or for international orders, in order to provide services, we may be required to pass information to parties located outside of the EEC where data protection laws are not equivalent to those in the UK. For example, if a national print supplier is owned by an international corporation. In this circumstance we will take reasonable measures to ensure your privacy. Except in the situations listed above or as required by law or other regulation, we will not pass, disclose, rent or sell your personal information to any third party without your prior written consent.
If you require more extensive GDPR contractual obligations, get in touch with us.
If you do not wish to receive information in future from Honeycomb Books please email email@example.com
You have the right, by written request and on payment of a small fee, to a copy of any personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) held about you by Honeycomb Books.
Data can be destroyed by request.
Use of customised client books for marketing is by explicit written consent.
Public disclosure of client names, quotes or reviews is by explicit consent (written or verbal).
14. Trading Terms Separate trading terms apply to a bookseller, wholesaler or other distributor. Separate supplier agreements are negotiated. T&Cs for sponsorship will be sent to sponsors and sponsored parties.
15. Amends Honeycomb Books reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions.
16. Acceptable Use Any password restricting areas of use on the website are not to be forwarded without permission.
17. Governing Law and Jurisdiction Contracts for the supply of Products between Honeycomb Books and the Purchaser will be concluded in the English language, shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.